Final Fantasy VI has arrived on iOS, kupo!
I won’t even try to hide my bias, Final Fantasy VI is my favorite game of all time. FACT. As of today, iOS users can get it for the price of $15.99. If you are thinking to yourself, that’s a bit steep for a remastered Super Nintendo game… you shut your mouth right now! For any other game, sure, I’d agree, but NOT in this case! If you missed the Android announcement, you guys can get it as well.
Sure it’s no longer 1994 but I don’t care. This game is pure nostalgia in digital form. If you’ve never played it before and value my opinion WHATSOEVER, purchase it. Sure your battery life is going to suffer but just carry an extra wire with you or something. I’m so sick of your excuses. I’m not going to pretend I love all the changes or art changes, but the story and gameplay is still there and that’s the core of the experience.
Here are Square Enix’s extra features:
- FINAL FANTASY VI features intuitive user-friendly controls that make the game easy to play on touch screens. In particular, the battle interface has received a complete overhaul for smartphones.
- The magicites and events that were introduced in the 2006 remake will also make a return. In addition, events have been optimized for user-friendly touch controls.
- Need a hint? Mog will help players who are stuck by telling them what they should do next.
- The album feature will allow players to revisit the story of the game, just in case they missed an event or need to catch up.
- Game data saved with iCloud can now be shared across devices! At home or away, on your iPhone or iPad, pick the play style that's best for you.