FIFA 12 Patch Available for Xbox 360, PS3
The FIFA 12 patch released for PC and Mac has finally arrived on consoles. No live on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the new FIFA 12 patch fixes several bugs and addresses a certain controversial goalkeeper exploit plaguing online matches.
In online matches, players were able to control their team's goalkeeper, leaving the skilled AI to handle the outfield players.
Here are the full details of what this patch fixes:
- Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.
- Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.
- Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.
- Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.
- Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.
- We have optimised the FUT server to speed up transactions.
- Fixed a situation where the game would hang when downloading a Game Face.
- Fixed a situation that would allow an online team to be controlled by other player.
"One again we thank you for your continued patience while waiting for this patch and for the ones we will be releasing in the future," wrote EA forum administrator Dux0r.