Sep 15, 2017 | 6 Comments
Far Cry Primal day one patch includes bug fixes, tweaks, and adds new expert mode
Expert mode seems deadly
The latest installment in the Far Cry series, Far Cry Primal, recently released and as it is doing pretty good review wise, there are a couple bugs that needed fixing.
The day one patch brings stability to the games performance, improved wildlife AI, and improved gameplay animations. Alongside the plenty of other fixes & tweaks the patch brings, the biggest one might be the new Expert mode.
For players who want to really want to feel like their in the stone age, you could choose 'Expert' for your gameplay difficulty, which causes the players health to be cut in half, reduced aim assist, and makes the AI shoot 1/3 faster. To get the full list of challenges Expert mode brings, plus all the tweaks and fixes, check out the full patch notes down below.
Expert Mode Changes:
- Players’ health has been halved compared to Hard difficulty.
- Reduced players aim assist.
- AI shoots faster by 1/3
- Enemies in combat are not shown on mini map by default (they appear only if they are tagged).
- It takes the AI a longer time to “forget” you when you hide
- The aim assist box is reduced for several weapon types (bow, club, spear)
- The player damage is reduced
- Stability & Performance o Optimization and stability have been improved o Improved lighting
- Weapons & HUD o Improved reticle display
- Wildlife & AI o Improved beast companion behavior o Fixed rare animation issues o Improved visual of the mammoth when it destroys objects o Improved animal fighting behavior when triggering a fight
- Design & progression o Tweaked and balanced XP rewards o Tweaked the damage ratio of certain recipes o Improved overall balancing
- Gameplay o Improved animations of weapons on fire o Fixed issues with lit weapons during cinematics at night o Improved player navigation and small collision issues o Improved camera transition and minor collision issues on cinematics
Far Cry Primal is now available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The game will launch on PC next week, on March 1st.
About The Author
In This Article