EVE Online: Quantum Rise Expansion's Last Staged Release
November 4, 2008
EVE Online: Quantum Rise Expansion’s Last Staged Release
CCP announces final features in free winter expansion
CCP, one of the world’s leading independent game developers, announced November 11th as the launch date for the final deployment in the two-part staged release of EVE Online: Quantum Rise, the ninth free expansion for EVE Online. EVE Online players have already begun to enjoy the performance-enhancing improvements of the StacklessI and EVE64 initiatives which were introduced in an earlier phase of the expansion’s release, and both of which have set the stage for truly limitless combat. Several times in recent weeks, over 1,000 players have participated in single-system battles with extremely minimal lag thanks to these new industry-leading advancements.
These previously unannounced features will debut in EVE Online: Quantum Rise:
- The introduction of In-game Subscription Services. You can now convert your 60-day EVE Time Codes (ETCs) into two 30-day items in game. These “30-Day Pilot’s Licenses” can be traded freely through all regular means (via market or contract or directly between players) and can be activated at any time. This feature will be available on November 11th or shortly thereafter
- Assembly Array upgrades for those wanting to produce on a grand scale
- Alchemy allows moon materials to shift the whole landscape of Tech 2 production
- UI changes include a moveable HUD, module recharge timers and weapon grouping
- More efficient bomb production. Producers get more boom for their materials.
- Upgrades to the Trinity Premium graphics content for the ubiquitous stargates of New Eden
- A rebalancing of ship speeds for vessels of all sizes to rediscover their combat viability, making player vs. player strategy and tactics more important than ever
- 10 new beautifully haunting music tracks by EVE soundtrack composer RealX
Already revealed features of Quantum Rise include the ability for corporations to create and distribute their own custom medals for whatever accomplishments they see fit to bestow on their members. Pilots will find a newly-designed certificate system provides a quick and verifiable way to prove their worth in gunnery, trading or countless other professions. The shipyards of New Eden have been busy rebalancing industrial ships and are almost ready to undergo production of the mighty capital ship, the Orca. For easier navigation, all ships will feature autopilot avoidance options and a few new routes will open up in New Eden.
The full list of all deployed and upcoming features of EVE Online: Quantum Rise can be found here: http://www.eveonline.com/features/quantumrise
Those curious about what is planned for EVE Online past Quantum Rise will not want to miss the announcements at Fanfest this year. Held in Reykjavik, Iceland on Nov 6-8—a few days before the expansion hits the live servers—this celebration of EVE and its players will have many surprises in addition to the myriad talks, presentations and combat it always hosts. More about the Fifth Annual Party at the Top of the World can be found on the EVE website: http://www.eveonline.com/fanfest/2008/ and we have plans to cover every aspect of our favourite yearly event.
EVE Online: Quantum Rise will be available for subscribers as a free download at www.eveonline.com/download/. Non-subscribers should visit the EVE website to sign up for a free 14-day trial account.