Empire of Sports Enters Beta
December 12, 2007
Empire of Sports Enters Beta
The game will launch fully in early 2008, and those interested in trying it out can try signing up for the closed beta directly on the official website.
Successful applicants to this beta version will be able to experience for themselves the game’s incredible fresh take on the genre, which sees a persistent world populated by virtual athletes who train, exercise and compete in single-player and team-based sports.
‘Empire of Sports’ is the world’s first massively multi-player online role-playing game platform (MMORPG) built entirely around sports. It is designed to allow millions of players around the world to simultaneously exist in a persistent online universe, where their avatars socially interact, train, compete and attend events in various sports disciplines to build a virtual sporting existence.
At the center of the gamers’ attention is their virtual representation in the sports world, the avatar or player character.
The player assumes the role of a single player character throughout the entire game, which will result in an up to now unimagined gaming experience, especially in team sports.
Running from today until the game’s full launch early in 2008, the Empire of Sports closed beta will, for the very first time, offer members of the public a glimpse into the future of massively multiplayer online games, with unrestricted access to Empire of Sports’ staggering world.
Tennis, basketball, skiing, bobsleigh, track & field and some training games are all available immediately, with soccer – featuring 11 players on each team – launching shortly.
In addition, players will be able to compete in in-game tournaments, customize their avatar and property with in-game items, travel to other sporting cities, meet virtual coaches, and even join virtual societies.
- The first true multi-sport MMORPG
- A journey that will take you from being an ambitious and talented rookie to the heights of sports stardom
- Create your own individual character and develop its skills and capabilities in various sports
- Participate in multi-player sports action in football, basketball, tennis, skiing, bobsleigh, athletics and gym games
- Interact with thousands of other players in virtual city centers
- Compete in matches and competitions for all levels and reach the top of your sports league
- One last detail: One of the major differences between reality and Empire of Sports is the coexistence of men and women in Empire of Sports teams.
- Gender doesn’t have any impact on performance. We don’t care if you’re a boy or a girl, it’s the score when the buzzer goes that decides who is best.
Full details on the game will be unveiled just before the game is launched fully in early 2008, but a limited number of European gamers can gain access now by heading over to the game’s official website.