EA Has a Game for Everyone on Your List this Holiday Season
December 15, 2006
EA Has a Game for Everyone on Your List This Holiday Season
Ten shopping days 'til Christmas and only one until Hanukkah! Don't fret. Electronic Arts has something for everyone on your gift list this year—from games the whole family will enjoy to authentic sports videogames for the ultimate sports fan to the hardcore gamer lucky enough to have one the new next generation consoles.
FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY:
It can be challenging to find something the whole family will enjoy, but these games are sure to liven up any gathering or create a fun individual experience:
– For the
first time ever, the top football franchise allows players to step up as the
lead blocker to create a hole, and then take control of the tailback and
smash through, overpower, or slash away from would-be tacklers as you fight
for every yard. Available on all current generation and next generation
platforms, families may especially enjoy
Madden NFL 07 on the Wii™ with
its FreeMotion™ Controls and Wii-only mini-games.
- The Sims™ 2 Pets (rated E/T) – Get your paws on The Sims™ 2 Pets and create pets for your Sims to train, play with, and love as their own! From scampering puppies to cuddly kittens, add a new furry friend to Sims' lives. Choose from your favorite breeds or customize your very own. With so many features and personalities to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect pet for your Sims family! Available for Nintendo DS™, PC, PSP™ and Game Boy® Advance.
For the non-gamer who just loves to play games, EA delivers some of the must fun and addictive games. EA Mobile and Pogo.com™ deliver hours of fun for anyone who has a few minutes (or a few hours) to spare.
– Available for a small monthly membership fee, Club Pogo is the
subscription service offered on Pogo.com, EA’s casual gaming destination
online. Club Pogo features over 100 easy-to-learn games in an
advertising-free online play environment with a thriving community and the
chance to win big prizes***. While playing games such as
The Poppit Show and
Word Womp earn “badges” that
show off their skills. Club Pogo players also display Pogo Minis, their
personally-customizable avatars that appear in chat rooms and while online.
Available at Pogo.com.
- TETRIS® MANIA – The original Tetris® created an epidemic of puzzling proportions with generations of families. Tetris Mania for cell phones is no exception. It has three new and individually engrossing twists that are guaranteed to indulge your puzzle-solving passion on the go. Tetris Mania features enhanced graphics, playful visual effects as well as fun animation and sound. It truly is a new experience for lovers of Tetris. Available for cell phones or iPod.
FOR SPORTS FANS:
For those planning to give the gift of next-generation this year, EA offers up plenty of compelling and quality games to accompany those hard-to-find Xbox 360™, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Nintendo Wii consoles:
(rated E) – Available on all platforms, including PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox360 and
Wii, players control the running game like never before. Innovative rushing
controls give you a game-breaking ground attack featuring all-new jukes,
cutbacks, and the distinct running styles of your favorite backs. Madden is
also available on all current generation platforms, PC and handheld.
for Speed™ Carbon
(rated E10) – The battle for the city is
won in the canyon as Need for Speed
Carbon immerses players in the world's most dangerous and
adrenaline-filled form of street racing. For the first time in a Need for
Speed game, players can build a crew and race in an all-out war for your
city against rival crews and opposing car classes. Risk everything to take
over rival neighborhoods one street at a time.
Need for Speed Carbon is
available on all next generation and current generation consoles.
Woods PGA TOUR 07
(rated E) –
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07
on the PLYSTATION 3 and Xbox 360 features the thrills of championship Sunday
and the most realistic looking golfers in a video game. By using
revolutionary Universal Facial Capture or U-CAP technology, world class
golfers like Tiger Woods, Chris DiMarco, Mike Weir, Colin Montgomerie, and
Luke Donald have the same reactions, emotions and characteristics in the
game as they do out on the PGA TOUR®. The game includes 12 championship
courses and an all new practice facility where gamers will develop their
drive, chip shots, and putting skills before heading out on the PGA TOUR.
Also available on PS2, PSP, Xbox, and PC
- EA SPORTS™ Fight Night Round 3 (rated T) – Knocking out the competition, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 brings the most intense boxing videogame experience to the virtual ring. Featuring exclusive content including a comprehensive ESPN Integration package, film quality graphics and a new first person mode called Get in the Ring, the PLAYSTATION®3 version continues to innovate on the hit franchise. It is also available for the Xbox 360.
FOR THE MOVIE LOVER:
For film aficionados, movie-inspired games are the perfect gift. Be prepared to let those fans live out their movie fantasies with these two EA games:
The Godfather® The Game (rated M) - Carry out orders, earn respect, and rise through the ranks of the Corleone Family in a vast open world environment in a quest to become Don of New York City. Rule the streets of the Big Apple in the game based on the critically-acclaimed movie by Paramount Pictures and the book by Mario Puzo. Players will relive classic Godfather moments alongside memorable characters from the film such as Luca Brasi, Sonny, Tom Hagen, and of course, Don Vito Corleone himself. Actors from the film, including James Caan, Robert Duvall, Abe Vigoda, and Marlon Brando reprised their roles lending their voices to the game. Available on Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2, PSP and PC.
- Superman Returns™: The Videogame (rated T) – Inspired by the Warner Bros. Pictures feature film and more than 60 years of DC Comics lore, Superman Returns™: The Videogame is the ultimate open-world adventure. As Superman™, players explore and protect the city of Metropolis-which is expansive (with 80 sq. miles and over 8,000 buildings) and truly alive, changing dynamically as the game progresses. Superman may be invincible, but Metropolis is not, and saving the city from destruction is the game’s ultimate goal. Available on Xbox 360, PS2, Xbox, Nintendo DS™, and Game Boy® Advance
FOR ANYONE WHO LOVES EPIC ACTION:
People who prefer to find their entertainment on the PC will certainly get a thrill out of receiving these EA games:
(rated T) – The year is 2142, and the dawn of a new Ice age has
thrown the world into a panic. In
Battlefield 2142, players will choose to fight for one of two
military superpowers in an epic battle for survival, the European Union or
the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition. Armed with a devastating arsenal of
hi-tech assault rifles, cloaking devices and sentry guns, players will also
do battle using some of the most imposing vehicles known to man.
- The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II, The Rise of the Witch-king (rated T) – Expanding on every feature found in The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II as well as boasting entirely new content. The all new single player campaign's innovative new units will help to tell the story of the evil Witch-King's rise to power, domination of Angmar, and invasion of the great kingdom of Arnor, home to Aragorn's ancestors. To fully experience the evil side of Middle-earth, gamers can now play as the all new Angmar faction in skirmish, multiplayer, and War of the Ring modes.
There’s something for everyone this year from EA, whether it is a game based on an iconic movie, a hot PC game or a sports title for the family athlete.
* The Sims 2 Pets for PC requires The Sims™ 2 or The Sims™ 2 Special DVD Edition for PC to play.
** Internet connection required. EA online terms of service, rate information and service updates can be found at www.pogo.com. You must be 13+ to register online. Electronic Arts charges a monthly fee for this service. EA may terminate the Club Pogo online service after 90 days notice posted on www.pogo.com
*** No purchase necessary to enter or win. Must be 13+ to enter prize drawings. Other restrictions apply. Go to www.pogoprizerules.com for complete rules.