EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil announced
Electronic Arts has announced EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, a new game designed to replicate the excitement of the World Cup.
"Featuring the deepest set of game modes ever in an EA SPORTS tournament title, all new gameplay innovations and improvements, and a rich presentation that captures the color and vibrancy of Brazil, EA SPORTS 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil will put fans in control of their nation's fate," the publisher said of the newly announced game.
The game offers 203 national teams, 7, 469 players, 19 officially licensed managers, and 21 new stadiums including 12 authentic stadiums from Brazil. But what about gameplay? Why would someone who already owns FIFA 14 opt to go out and purchase this?
Well, apparently 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil features "multiple innovations and improvements" based on fan feedback. It's an evolution of the FIFA 14 game engine with improvements made to acceleration, deceleration, ball dribbling, and player movement overall. There's also 100 new animations.
The most hyped mode in the game appears to be Road to the FIFA World Cup. In it, you can choose from 203 national teams and play with one to 32 players locally through the qualifying rounds and on to the group stages of the FIFA World Cup. As you progress through the tournament, you'll get updates with over 50 hours of recorded content. For those who prefer online play, Road to Rio de Janeiro will let you play your way across a map of Brazil's 12 host cities.
Other new modes include:
- Captain your Country – one of the most popular FIFA modes of all time
- Online FIFA World Cup – compete in Group and World Cup Finals online
- Story of Qualifying – over 60 scenarios that happened in real world qualifying
- Story of Finals (online) – activated at the start of the tournament and updated throughout, play challenges on the narrative of the day’s real world events
- Additional modes: 2014 FIFA World Cup, Kick Off, Skill Games, Online Friendlies, EA SPORTS Football Club
Unfortunately, EA Sports 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil will only be coming to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 (sorry PS4 and Xbox One owners). It'll be released on April 15, but is currently available for pre-order.