E3 2017: Game analyst Michael Pachter predicts Project Scorpio price, PS4 Pro price drop, Metroid from Nintendo and more
Let's see what happens!
There are three options when it comes to your feelings on Wedbush Securities’ gaming and electronics analyst, Michael Pachter, either you think he's always wrong, always right or you have no idea who he is. Pachter has been throwing his gaming predictions out for years now and with E3 2017 on the way, he has a few more.
According to Pachter, Microsoft will price Project Scorpio during their E3 conference and it will be right in the sweet spot. So sweet, in fact, that Sony will have to reduce the price of the PS4 Pro to compete against it. The analyst went on to say that Nintendo could be announcing a Metroid game, but we wouldn't be seeing any announcements from third-party game developers for new games on the Nintendo Switch.
Pachter also said that Rockstar was too much of a mess to be at the event.
Pachter's prediction on what will happen:
- Project Scorpio to be priced at $399.
- PS4 Pro to drop to $249 and standard PS4 to drop to $199 (but that might be for a limited time period - depends on Scorpio's price).
- Nintendo will announce a first party game coming mid-2018 2018 and will most likely be Metroid related. Might also see a Kirby or Yoshi announcement.
Pachter's predictions on what won't happen:
- No new Western third-party announcements for The Nintendo Switch, unless they are ports from Xbox One or PlayStation.
- Rockstar is "a mess" and we shouldn't expect anything from them this E3 (Will probably see another GTA in 2024, after Rockstar releases six other titles).
- Nothing from Take-Two other than 2K18, WWE, and Borderlands 3 as a Summer 2018 release.
If bullet points aren't your thing, here Pachter is talking about it: