Dungeonland coming to PC later this year
Dungeonland is a cooperative action game that puts players in control of adventurers as they visit a medieval theme park. The Evil Lord Dungeon Master, tired of them foiling his schemes, plans to enact his revenge on the group.
Publisher Paradox Interactive and Brazilian developer Critical Studio say players should expect to “expect to die a lot.”
In multiplayer, three players assume the roles of the Rogue, the Warrior, or the Mage, while the fourth plays as the Game Master, setting traps and unleashing monsters to stop the heroes.
Players can customize their character and acquire new skills as they dungeon-crawl through jungles, magical gardens, a dragon's lair, and other environments on their way to the Dungeon Master's tower.
Below is a list of core features:
- Cooperative/single player hack & slash action.
- Gear – Equip your character with items found in-game or bought with gold.
- Simultaneous local and online multiplayer
- Multiplayer with a twist – Dungeon Master Mode.
- Replayability - Dungeon Master AI randomizes monsters, treasures and dangers each session to create a unique experience; player choice in equipping items creates endless combinations for more variety.
- Colorful game world – three different theme park environments to explore.
- Dozens of enemies, items, abilities and mini-bosses.
The "co-op-dungeon-looting-monster-exploding-lunacy-fest" is coming to PC in Q4 2012.
Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.