Dragon Quest 5: Hand of the Heavenly Bride arrives on iOS and Android
Relive the classic everywhere you go
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride came out in Japan back in 1992. In 2009, It came to the Nintendo DS in America. The evolution continues today, as you can now get it on iOS and Android devices.
This RPG spans three generations with a choice of waifus and everything. Fun fact, Dragon Quest V is credited as being the first known video game to feature a playable character as a result of pregnancy.
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride is the tale of a young boy who travels the world with his father who is a full on adventurer - Pankraz. Along the way the boy meets a variety of characters and monsters. Once his father is unable to finish the quest, the boy must take up the sword and finish what his father started to find the Legendary Hero.
Key features include:
- Make Friends with Mighty Monsters – The fearsome monsters faced in battle can now become a player’s friend, allowing them to access unique spells, abilities and a host of strategic possibilities.
- AI Battles – Faithful companions can be instructed to fight automatically. Players can use various tactics to fight off the toughest enemies with ease.
- Converse With Party Members – The party chat function allows players to converse freely with a cast of colorful characters for advice and idle chitchat.
- The Casino – With slot machines, poker, the monster arena and the exciting slime races of the slurpodrome, the casino provides players with light relief when the pressures of adventuring prove too great.
- Treasures ‘n’ Trapdoors – With a dice in hand, players can roll their way around specifically designed game boards enjoying a whole range of events as they go.
- Bruise the Ooze – The slime-smashing mini-game introduced in the Nintendo DS™ version is back with a bang. Players can tap slimes within a time limit to earn points in this super simple, yet fiendishly addictive, goo-splatting extravaganza.
If you like what you hear, you can pick the game up at the price of $14.99. Play this classic for the first time or relive the nostalgia from your childhood.