Dota 2 update adds Medusa, lots of UI and bot changes
Valve has pushed out a new update for Dota 2. The highlight of the update is the addition of a new Hero, Medusa. However, it also contain several gameplay fixes including changes to the user interface and bots.
First, let's start off with Medusa. She's a ranged AD carry with the following abilities:
Split Shot: Medusa magically splits her shot into five arrows. These arrows deal a lower percent of her normal damage. The extra targets will not receive other attack effects (such as critical strike) and Unique Attack Modifiers.
Mystic Snake: A mystic snake made of energy jumps from target to target dealing damage and stealing some mana. After it reaches its last target, it jumps back to Medusa to replenish it with mana. The snake deals more damage and steals more mana per jump.
Mana Shield: Creates a shield that absorbs 50% of the incoming damage by using Medusa's mana.
Stone Gaze: Any enemy units staring at the Gorgon will slowly turn to stone, removing status buffs and slowing all speed properties. Deals damage to summoned units and illusions.
Here are the remaining patch notes for the Dota 2 update:
- Witch Doctor: Fixed Aghanim's Death Ward attacking Familiars and other psuedo heroes.
- Doom: Scorched Earth now only applies damage from Doom himself, not all the units affected by his aura.
- Pudge: Fixed being able to get units stuck using Refresher.
- Keeper of the Light: Fixed Recall interaction with non-hero units.
- Fixed Armlet and Power Treads interaction.
- Added a Haste button to the courier HUD element.
- Added Mid Only game mode for private lobbies (disables other lanes and allows the same hero to be selected).
- The Announcer Share dialog has been replaced with a Shared Content dialog.
- Added a badge to the top bar to count the available shared items.
- If shared content is available in a game, a message is now printed pregame.
- Added Balanced Shuffle button to non-tournament private lobbies.
- Added All Chat private lobby option for enabling voice chat among all players.
- Fixed "Equip" appearing in the right click menu for some chests.
- Fixed hearing the wrong announcer after equipping a new item in the loadout.
- Fixed bugs with muting cobroadcasters causing other sounds to be muted.
- The bots are now less likely to push with more heroes than what they deem necessary (less 5-man Dota). Probably needs some tuning.
- Made bots slightly less self-concerned when considering defending an ally. Also made them more likely to jump in if they have a slow or stun.
- Bots that are capable of jungling during the laning phase may now do so.
- If purchasing an item from the secret shop would complete an item, desire for going there is now increased.
- When their next item is purchasable, their desire to farm is signficiantly reduced.
- Fixed bad tuning that was causing bots to almost never farm lanes.
- Improved bot responsiveness to pings on Roshan.
- Bots are now less likely to assume that humans will purchase wards.