news\ Jul 22, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Developer MercurySteam moving on from Castlevania

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

MercurySteam Entertainment, the company behind the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow games, is done with the series.

Castlevania producer Dave Cox has confirmed that the Spanish developer will not be making the next entry in the Lords of Shadow series, whatever it is.

"I think it's time for somebody else — somebody younger, a younger producer to come in and take up the mantle and do what they think would be right for Castlevania and for us to move on to something else," said Cox during a roundtable interview at San Diego Comic-Con.

Konami may be getting closer to that point. "We have to really plan differently and do things differently," said Cox. "And we've made mistakes on this one, as well, which we're going to hopefully improve for the next one."

MercurySteam's last contribution to the series will be Lords of Shadow 2, due out in Q4 this year. A 3DS title called Mirror of Fate came out earlier this year.

Source: GameSpot U.K.

About The Author
Stephanie Carmichael Twitter: @wita
In This Article
From Around The Web
blog comments powered by Disqus