Destiny update complete! Back to the Iron Banner, Guardians
Lord Saladin is anxious to punish you
Bungie's maintenance on Destiny, which aimed to improve player connection to the game, is complete. You can finally log back in and continue your reputation grinding for the Iron Banner, the special new Crucible (PvP) mode which went live today.
Lord Saladin has been most impatient with us. Now that we're finished updating Destiny, he's anxious to pass along our punishment to you.— Bungie (@Bungie) October 7, 2014
The Iron Banner went live early this morning, introducing a new mode to the Crucible playlist that removes the automatic gear balancing. In return, you can earn reputation for the Iron Banner which can be used to unlock Legendary weapons and armor.
Today's update comes in at roughly 250MB, so while you're waiting for the download, check out the patch notes below. It isn't the balancing update that Bungie previously teased -- just a bunch of client and server fixes which shouldn't change your overall player experience.
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters