Destiny 2: Bungie isn't ready to talk weapon and ability tuning; Long maintenance coming next week
The MIDA Multi-Tool is under the microscope.
Bungie is taking a look at a bunch of new player data (which means we might see some balancing in the future) and they are planning a decent downtime for next week.
Starting with next week's maintenance!
Maintenance will begin on Tuesday, October 3rd, at 8AM PT / 11AM ET and will end at 12PM PT / 3PM ET. During this time, Bungie will be implementing the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
- Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step "His Highness's Seal" was not incrementing properly
- Quest progress will still increment by 1, but the Quest Step now only requires 10 Seals to be collected
- Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
- Fixed issues in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed or unable to resurrect if encounter complete and failure events occurred simultaneously
Of course, there could be other fixes hidden in this, but this is what they detailed.
As for incoming weapon buffs and nerfs...
Bungie's Senior Designer Jon Weisnewski revealed that the developers have received their first 'real' chunk of player data from the analytics team and are currently reviewing it. The team isn't ready to talk buffs and nerfs, but there is some type of 'ongoing process in play'.
In addition to that bit of information, it appears that player reports of the MIDA Multi-Tool being overpowered have been heard by Bungie. Unfortunately for the folks annoyed with it, Bungie there are better weapons (or weapons on par with it).
Here's everything Weisnewski said:
So... there are new weapons coming!