Destineer Announces Stoked for Xbox 360 has Shipped
February 24, 2009
No Paths. No Boundaries. No Limits.
Destineer Announces ‘Stoked’ for Xbox
360 has Shipped to Stores!
Grab your gear and head for the mountains! Destineer and developer Bongfish have announced that Stoked, the open-world, backcountry snowboarding video game exclusively for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, is shipping to stores today. Developed in conjunction with world-renowned snowboarding movie creator Absinthe Films, Stoked offers five huge, open-world mountains, dynamic and changing weather patterns, the participation of X Games champion Travis Rice as well as some of the most respected names in the snowboarding community worldwide.
- Five Gigantic Real-World Mountains: Leave worn-out
resorts behind and travel the world in search of the ultimate back country
location. Explore five world-renowned summits. Discover new drop points by
helicopter, bail out and experience more than 45 square-miles of open
terrain on each peak.
- Dynamic Weather and Environments: Every day the snow and weather conditions change on each of the mountains featured in the game thanks to a dynamic weather and time of day system. Snow accumulates on mountain surfaces, changing the riding experience, opening new paths, and building new trickable features and challenges. Different weather conditions offer different experiences and riding challenges. Choose where, when, and in what conditions you’d like to ride!
- Seamless Multiplayer: Invite your friends to ride with
you in instant drop-in multiplayer! While riding together you can select
custom helicopter drop points, create competitive or cooperative challenges,
or call out tricks for members of your posse to pull off as you snap their
photos. When you’re ready to get serious, go up against other boarders on
Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network in sponsored events to build your
- Style Crafting: As you develop your style, the animation
system will adapt to how you play, and the other riders on the mountain will
emulate your moves! But doing tricks isn’t the only way to convey a sense of
style. Thirty of the industry’s top gear manufacturers, clothing brands and
international magazines have joined forced with Destineer and Absinthe to
help you build your career. As your legend grows so will your stylistic
- Real Riders, Real Pros, Real Sponsors: Stoked features
some of the most influential professional riders and names in the sport:
Travis Rice, Nicolas Mueller, Wolle Nyvelt, Annie Boulanger, Romain de
Marchi, Tadashi Fuse, Gigi Ruef, and Bjorn Leines. An impressive line up of
30 authentic sponsors also appear in Stoked including: Burton, Blue Tomato,
Dragon, Arcus, Von Zipper, Eleven, 686, Billabong, DaKine, Electric, LibTech,
Nitro, Northwave, Oakley, Quiksilver, Ride, Hart, Rome, Salomon, TechNine,
Vans, Volcom, Anon, Nikita, Raiden, Red, Roxy, Sodalicious, VonZipper and
snowboarding publications Method Magazine, Huck Magazine, Onboard European
Snowboarding Magazine, Snowboard Magazine and Snowboard Canada Magazine!
Stoked shipped to stores on February 24, 2009 and will be
available soon at major retailers. For more information, please visit