DC Universe Online 'The Last Laugh' arriving in June
Sony is set to release the The Last Laugh, fourth downloadable content pack for DC Universe Online. Set to release in June for PC and PlayStation 3, The Last Laugh features large-scale multiplayer combat, new Light-Powered Legends PvP characters, and an all-new weapon.
"We created this DLC purely for the players that like to take the fight to each other in DCUO's amazing PvP combat," said Jens Andersen, creative director on DC Universe Online. "Our community has continuously asked for more multiplayer action in DCUO, and we wanted to deliver content that fully meets their expectations and pushes PvP to another level. The Last Laugh is the first DLC that we've created that focuses almost entirely on player versus player battles, and it adds an exciting new element as some of DC's greatest heroes and villains join to fight alongside you. Players will have even more opportunities to prove to the world whether heroes or villains will be triumphant."
Here's what The Last Laugh contains:
- The Shield - Players can unleash this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safe House Battles - No one is safe now that heroes and villains can invade each other's Safe Houses in these four on four battles:
- Graviton Technology Recovery - Players will be tasked with unscrambling teleporter codes that The Joker has mixed into fragments. Located at the Watchtower or Hall of Doom, players must retrieve eight code fragments to successfully rebuild useable teleporter codes.
- The Rescue - Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal - Thanks to The Joker, the encryption on the Email terminals has changed and can only be bypassed by the robot he provided. Players must gain control of the robot and either upload the data to their HQ or add new encryption to keep their enemies and The Joker away from it.
- Headquarter Battles - In this two-part crusade, 16 players -- eight heroes and eight villains -- will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters - Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
DCUO's The Last Laugh DLC pack will be available for free for the game's Legendary members and available for purchase for Free and Premium users via the PlayStation Network in-game Marketplace. On PC it will be available via the game's official website.