DC Universe Online going strong after first year
I'm pretty happy that DC Universe Online is still around, namely because it likely means that more of the game's ridiculously awesome CG cinemas are coming our way (seriously, have these guys make a DC Universe movie already). Anyhow it's been just a year since the game launched, and though it struggled to keep its audience interested in the early months, the classic strategy of "HEY LOOK IT'S FREE NOW" has resulted in a massive influx of new players, giving DCUO a new lease on life. Thing is, Sony knows the best way to celebrate a birthday is with a big list of stats, singing their own praises to the tune of Happy Birthday(tm)(r).
- More than 3.5 million Heroes, more than 2 million Villains
- More than 1.8 million registered players on PC, and more than 2.3 million registered players on PS
- 33.6 million days of playtime total by all players in-game
- More than 1,200 new NPC characters added since launch
- More than 200 new quests added since launch
- More than 2,500 new items added since launchMore than 15 new zones added since launch
- More than 1,800 new encounters since launch
Also, DCUO is the only MMO which lets you hang out with Booster Gold, the greatest superhero / toothpaste spokesperson in the history of comic books. Not sure how Sony forgot to mention that...