Critical Hit is the new video game music tribute band with top industry talent
If you’re into talented tribute bands which focus on video game themes, you’re going to definitely want to check out Critical Hit. Renowned videogame composer Jason Hayes (known for the music of World of Warcraft) has gotten a whole bunch of top industry talent to get a band together to play some jams from your favorite games.
"Playing in bands was a big part of my life before I became a full-time composer," comments Critical Hit founder Jason Hayes, "so it's awesome to be able to return to live performance, while exploring my favorite videogame themes with such amazing and accomplished musician friends. The best part is connecting with people who are as passionate about videogame music as I am."
Hayes has teamed up with talent from the videogame industry, film, live performers, the Emmy’s, Cirque Du Soleil, American Idol, and more. Critical Hit’s first album, “Volume One,” debuts October 31st and will feature a selection of twelve videogame compositions. The list of tracks can be found below:
- 01. Tetris: "Main Theme"
- 02. Angry Birds: "Main Theme"
- 03. World of Warcraft: "Legends of Azeroth"
- 04. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: "Zelda's Lullaby"
- 05. Halo 2: "Main Theme"
- 06. Pokémon: "Main Theme"
- 07. Super Mario World: "Bowser's Castle"
- 08. Final Fantasy X: "To Zanarkand"
- 09. Kingdom Hearts: "Hikari"
- 10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: "Battle for New York"
- 11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: "Streets of Whiterun"
- 12. Metal Gear Solid 2: "Main Theme"