Clash of Clans update Sneak Peek #1: Shield Changes
How attacking and defending will change with the new Clash of Clans update
Part 2 of the the Clash of Clans' update revamped shield system has been detailed. Read more about Village Guard and Personal Break here.
As promised, Supercell began its two week journey into sneak peeks for the upcoming Clash of Clans update. Sticking to the outline, today's sneak peek has to do with shields, specifically related to attacking and defending.
"Improving the shield system is a complex and delicate job, so coming update includes a broad package of changes designed to make village defense fairer, play sessions more flexible, and attacking more encouraged," Supercell wrote.
While the completely revamped and improved shield system will be detailed over the course of several posts, Supercell today revealed how attacking and defending will be changing -- with two headline items:
- Town Hall destruction no longer grants a shield - bring your Town Halls inside!
- Attacking while shielded no longer breaks the entire shield, but instead costs a bit of shield time
"Under this new system, it will be entirely possible to get attacked, get a shield, and then attack two or even three times without forfeiting all of your shield," Supercell explained. Additionally, the update will change how shields are acquired.
- A 12-hour shield is granted at 30% destruction
- A 14-hour shield is granted at 60% destruction
- A 16-hour shield is granted at 90% destruction
- However, NO SHIELD is granted if the attacker does not deploy at least 50% of a full army
Regarding attacking while shielded, here are the following planned changes:
- Being shielded no longer prevents entering multiplayer matchmaking, browsing targets, or attempting revenge
- Executing a multiplayer or revenge attack while shielded will deduct 3 hours from the remaining shield time
- Additional attacks while shielded will deduct increasing amounts of shield (4 hours, 5 hours, etc...)
Over on the forums, you can read more about the reasoning behind changing what Supercell considers an outdated shield system and how it'll impact current Clash of Clans strategies..