Clash of Clans update brings big Hero changes
Supercell saved the best for last. Wrapping up their week-long tease for an upcoming update to Clash of Clans, Supercell today discussed the big changes coming to Heroes in the game. In a video from "PlayClashOfClans," developer Jonas explained that changes provide a chance to make the offense and defense balance in battles "a lot better." So what changes are we looking at? While many of them are talked about in the video below, I've sort of compiled a brief list of the changes incoming.
Clash of Clans Update Sneak Peek at Hero Changes:
- Heroes can no longer be lured out on defense. "Basically, there's a territory that's anchored on the center of the platform and in this territory the heroes will engage and attack units. However, they'll only chase them to the edge of this territory. If the hero can no long fight the units in their zone, they will go back to the platform and wait."
- Increased base hit points for Barbarian King and Archer Queen
- Increased base damage for Queen
- "Pretty heavy" decrease on hit points and damage for Barbarian King and Archer Queen, especially on later levels. "Now that Heroes are going to be an active part of the defense, it would be too daunting to try and approach as an attacking army."
- Barbarian King will be seen as more of a "tank", while Archer Queen will be a "damage specialist"
- Barbarian King and Archer Queen are getting new abilities that help regen health
Keep in mind, these are just the most basic of the changes. I suggest watching the video for a more in-depth explanation of the changes from Jonas. And I'm sure we'll get some official patch notes once the update goes live.
Today was the last sneak peek Supercell had planned, so I'm assuming it won't be too much longer until the update goes live.