Clash of Clans Clan Wars update coming today; patch notes revealed
Today is the day! After years of waiting, we are finally getting Clan Wars today in Clash of Clans. Developer Supercell confirmed the Clan Wars update will be arriving sometime today, and while it isn't live yet we do at least have the patch notes.
The big feature, of course, is clan versus clan; but, there are a few other major changes as well. For instance, Clan Castles can now be upgraded to level 6 and now only clan members can see what troops are hiding in there. Also, the Gem Box, a mysterious new obstacle that is packed with Gems, is back. It was supposed to be implemented back in January but was delayed.
Those are just a few noteworthy changes in today's update, but below is the full change-log:
Update: CLAN WARS (version 6.56.1)
- Fight clan versus clan in strategic showdowns full of bonus loot!
- Fill your clan's War Log with the details of each epic fight!
- Participate in clan wars at no risk to your resources, shield or trophies.
- Battle for two new achievements: War Hero and Spoils of War!
Clan Castle renovation
- Rally huge clan support with Clan Castle level 6!
- Clan Castles now protect war loot payouts and are lootable in battle!
- Higher level Clan Castles hold more loot. Collect it whenever you like!
- Surprise! Only clan members can see what troops are hiding in the Clan Castle.
Gem overgrowth is BACK
- The Gem Box is back so keep an eye out for these mysterious boxes packed with gems!
- All Gem Boxes will now give more gems than the original ones. We’re sorry for the long wait!
Interface and Player Support improvements
- If you’re not in a League, your attacks won / defenses won statistics will not be shown.
- Confirmation button added to Global chat reporting. Report responsibly, Chief!
- New Help Center is now available! The first version is in English and you can find it under Settings -> Help and Support -> More Help.
- Decreased the cost of the Clan Castle level 5 upgrade
- Slightly increased HP of level 8 Laboratory
By now, you should be familiar with how Clan Wars will operate, but in case this is the first time you are hearing about it, check out our Clan Wars Overview. Basically, Clan Wars will take place in an entirely separate part of the game and will features a mimic representation of your city. A war will last for a total of two days and features two distinct phases: a prepration day and a battle day.
Unfortunately, the arrival of Clan Wars also means today is the last chance for you to boost your resource collectors for just 1 gem each.