Call of Duty: WWII beta now live on Xbox One and PS4; New weapons and map added
Savor it while it lasts.
Call of Duty: WWII's beta kicked off last weekend (click here to view our impressions) on PlayStation 4 and after taking a short break, it has returned with a bunch of new features. On top of Xbox One players now being able to play the beta (like right now, go download it), Sledgehammer has added a new map, several new weapons and scorestreaks, changed the way scoring works in TDM and how many points you get for kills in Domination, making it easier to earn scorestreaks.
Additionally, if you've noticed some things like the lack of a map voting system, have no fear. Map voting has been taken out of the beta so all maps can be tested, it'll be available in the final game on launch day. You can view the full list of additions and changes below courtesy of CharlieINTEL.
- All new Map Aachen
- Capture The Flag mode will be added
- New level cap. It’s not clear what the level cap will start at, but an Activision Assist article (now removed) says the final beta level cap will be level 40.
With the new level cap, new weapons, scorestreaks, and more will be unlocked:
- New Sniper Rifle
- M1A1 Carbine
- Mortar Strike
- TDM score limit will be 100
- Kills in Domination will earn 100 points per kill
- Search and Destroy will not be available in the beta…will be in the game at launch.
- WWII will feature a map voting system at launch; beta does not have it because they want to make sure all maps are being played for testing.
You can take a look at the new map in a trailer below. The map is based on the German city of Aachen when it felt the repercussions of World War II.
Call of Duty: WWII releases on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC on November 3rd, 2017.