Call of Duty: Black Ops II documentary spotlights future weaponry
Am I the only one who thinks it's rather disturbing to promote a video game with a reminder that the world is destroying itself? This new Black Ops II documentary seems to be focused on justifying the crazy weapons the game is likely to include: exoskeletons, laser weapons, invisible tanks, etc. But, is that supposed to get people excited for the game? Knowing that the world is building bigger and better weapons to help destroy one another.
Listen, I'm not some sort of bleeding heart liberal, but seriously. This trailer should make people want to hug their family one more time before the bombs start falling, not amp them up to play some virtual war shooter.
Anyhow, enjoy watching the world come to an end.
Game info: Call of Duty: Black Ops is a first-person shooter with stealth and tactical play aspect that puts players in the role of a shadow soldier fighting in a variety of historically representative fictional Black Ops missions of the Cold War era. Created with the input of actual Black Ops soldiers from the time, the game mixes traditional Call of Duty tactical shooter gameplay with new gameplay options designed to expand the players' experience. Additional features include extensive multiplayer options, along with new vehicles and explosive new weapons.
Inspired by the experiences of real Black Ops soldiers of the era, the missions of Call of Duty: Black Ops take the player to a wide variety of settings, ranging from snowbound mountain strongholds in historical Soviet held territories, to the jungles and urban settings of Vietnam War era SE Asia. Throughout all, care has been taken to maintain the traditional essence of Call of Duty style combat, while also introducing new types of player action that add to the gameplay experience. Additional features include co-op, versus and team-based multiplayer options, new vehicles like the SR-71 Blackbird and lethal new weapons such as explosive-tipped crossbows.
Key Game Features
- Seventh installment of the Call of Duty series, based on the live fire conflicts of the Cold War era.
- Diverse variety of play setting ranging from urban air and ground combat in SE Asia, to snow combat in Soviet region and jungle combat.
- Blending of traditional COD, and new first-person character scenarios designed to both retain the essence of the COD gaming experience and ensure constantly flowing and varied action.
- New arsenal of weapons and vehicles tied to the Cold War era, including the SR-71 Blackbird and sited explosive-tipped crossbows.
- Wide array of play modes including single player, local multiplayer versus and online co-op and multiplayer.