Bungie reveals impressive Destiny First Look Alpha stats
Last weekend, PlayStation 4 owners were treated to a First Look Alpha at Bungie's upcoming MMO shooter, Destiny. Though somewhat limited, the game offered a look at quite a few of the game's mechanics and gameplay modes including the first story mission, Explore Mode, a three-man Strike (raid), and the Crucible (Destiny's PvP). We came away impressed and judging by the stats revealed by Bungie today, other PS4 owners couldn't stop playing either.
Over on the Bungie website, the developer posted a "Post Game Carnage Report" of the First Look Alpha:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played!
Pretty impressive stats, eh?
"Putting our Alpha out there lit a new kind of fire here at Bungie. It feels like we’ve been reborn. Putting alpha code out in the wild is always a risk; that build is ancient by our standards, riddled with content and bugs we’d never allow through to ship. In many cases, the really rough and jagged edges had been hammered smooth long ago, making it all the more difficult to see them discovered, but in just as many others, there’s still work to do, and the only way to get it done is to let you touch down in our world to tear the place wide open."
Did you participate in the Destiny First Look Alpha? If so, what did you think?