Bungie details future changes to Destiny 2, patch notes, Season 2 items
Changes are coming!
Bungie has released their weekly update on Destiny and this week, it's ripe with information. The devs gave us a look at some of the items you can look forward to earning in Season 2, as well as what the team is currently working on and a preview of update 1.0.6's patch notes. Below, you can find some Season 2 items:
As for what is coming to the game...
Bungie's Game Director Christopher Barrett offered up a list of what the Destiny team is working on. Barrett noted that there was "more" that the team is working on, but that the listed improvements would be working their way into the game:
As per Barrett's wording:
We're still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we're up to. Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
On the following page, you will find the patch notes which predominantly feature Crucible tweaks.