Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition should be bought by everyone
"More human than human" is our motto.
It's hard to believe that Blade Runner is celebrating its 30th anniversary. One of my favorite films of all-time — which I both own on Blu-ray and DVD, in addition to owning the 1997 PC game — will be returning to Blu-ray on October 23, 2012 with Blade Runner: The 30th Anniversary Collector's Edition. It is a four-disc Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet digital copy combo pack. And you get be damned sure that I'm going to buy it.
Special features include:
- Over 10 hours of bonus content
- "Final Cut" feature on Blu-ray and DVD
- Three additional feature versions on one disc, seamlessly branched
- All new bonus content disc featuring the existing EC from the UCE plus
- Photo gallery with 1,000+ new images
- "Dangerous Days" documentary
- The Work Print feature version
- Over six featurettes
- and more...
The suggested retail for Blu-ray is $64.99, but you can pre-order it on Amazon for the price of $58.49. Also coming with the Collector's Edition is a concept spinner car and 72-page art production book. Stay tuned for updates in the coming months and check back for our review of it when it releases.
You can follow Movies and Culture Editor Lance Liebl on Twitter @Lance_GZ