BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition available January 14th
There is no such thing as too much BioShock. While we all patiently await BioShock Infinite and all its rail riding glory, 2K Games and Irrational Games have put together a little doodad known as BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition. What is this exactly? Well, it’s sort of a ‘game of the year edition’ but for both BioShock and BioShock 2. This game will contain both of those two games, all the DLC, and even never before seen concept art and character models.
BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition will be available in North America January 14th for the low price of $30. It will be available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. If you’ve never played these games this is definitely the time to do so – you will not be disappointed. As a biased BioShock fan, I played the games late and never purchased the DLCs. The DLCs included are worth more than $40 (more than it cost to buy this edition). I can’t wait.
Learn to world of Rapture, learn to fight the Big Daddies, then BECOME a Big Daddy. The DLCs included are listed below:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.