Battlestar Galactica Online nears 10 million players
Browser-based space combat MMO Battlestar Galactica Online is nearing ten million registered players since the game's worldwide launch one year ago.
The free-to-play game, based on the popular Syfy television series, combines high-quality graphics with intense gameplay.
Celebrating the game's first birthday, Bigpoint released some fun facts and is hosting a week-long party for all players. Running April 30 through May 6, Humans and Clons who log-in will receive in-game gifts and bonuses. In addition, the Daily Merit Cap will be increased, and special offers will be made available for players who purchase in-game items.
“We are thrilled with the tremendous growth of BSGO and how the game has performed over the past year,” said Heiko Hubertz, Founder and CEO, Bigpoint. “BSGO is a breakthrough title that has empowered us to change perceptions of the kind of gaming experience that can be delivered through a web browser. We’re excited to move forward with this momentum, celebrate our achievements, and reward all of our players in the community who helped us get to this point.”
Now for some pretty riveting stats about Battlestar Galactica Online:
- Within a year, 9.2 Million mining ships have been called.
- Within a year, 11.5 Billion loot items have been dropped.
- Monthly, 3.7 Million Rewards are earned.
- Monthly, players buy 16,000 new ships.
- Weekly, 55,000 players participate in PvP tournaments.
- Weekly, an average of one million player ships are destroyed; nearly 50-50 ratio Human and Cylon.