Battlefield 4 update released for Xbox 360; change-log detailed
Last night, DICE released the latest Battlefield 4 game update for Xbox 360, but you'll have to download it manually from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace if you want it as you will not be automatically prompted to do so; it is listed as "Multiplayer Update 3" on the Marketplace.
Similar to the PS3 update, the patch is "mainly focused at increasing game stability and contains a number of crash fixes." There's also a number of fixes that should help increase stability overall in the game. They are:
- Reduced the risk of a crash when transitioning from one multiplayer round to another
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating decals (bullet hit effects, etc.)
- Fixed a crash that could occur when leaving vehicles
- Fixed a crash that could occur when moving outside of the intended play area
- Fixed a crash that could occur when firing the MBT and IFV gunner incendiary weapon
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Options menu
- Fixed a problem with weapon accessories using up too much memory, which in turn could lead to crashing
There's also a fix for the one-hit kill bug, along with an explanation from DICE as to what was going on with that whole ordeal. Check out the full patch notes below:
One-hit Kill Bug Fixed
Fixed the "one-hit kill" bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
One-hit Kill Bug Explained
We are seeing reports from people that this is still present, with descriptions such as “I came around the edge of a building and died instantly”. It is important to understand that this is not the One-hit Kill Bug, that is another issue that we are working on addressing. For this, it is important to understand how some of the interpretations made by the game happen so that you can understand the difference.
We saw an issue where a bullet travelling towards an opponent would cause damage in one frame, and then again in the next frame. Therefore bullets would cause 2x damage if they hit the target between these two frames. This issue has been addressed.
The issue of dying before you saw who shot you is a different beast. We use a term called Interpolation in reference to where you are in the game world. There are instances where the death camera is initiated before the correct internet packets have arrived to be interpolated by your camera. This gives the impression that you were killed by "one shot" as someone came around the corner of a building. We have identified this issue and will address it in this patch and continue to tweak it in upcoming updates (see "Improved Hit Sync" below.)
Improved Hit Sync
We previously removed interpolation of damage events (like you taking damage from someone shooting at you) to make them feel more responsive, but that made the damage sync suboptimal. We are committed to tweaking the sync so that it will stay more true to what you are actually seeing. The first step towards this is taken in this patch, so you should see some improvement on this now. We will continue to work on improving hit sync in the game. This change is already live on PS3, PC, X360, and PS4, and will go live on Xbox One in an upcoming patch.
- Fix for stuck in infinite loading screen
- Fix for flares exploit where you could deploy flares faster by leaving and re-entering a vehicle
- Moved an infantry spawn point on Rogue Transmission at first base that was previously positioned outside of combat area
- Adjusted AT weapon at first base on Rogue Transmission from second floor barrack to outside on ground. Previously, players had to destroy a wall in order to reach the weapon
- Performance fix when firing upon large destruction objects (mostly after Levolution events)
- Minor performance optimizations
- Fix for destroyed object parts still being visible in the game world
- Smoother movement of networked objects (like vehicle turrets)
- Fix for audio randomly dropping out when driving a US tank
- SP/South China Sea: Added collision for place where player could get stuck