Battlefield 4 Premium announced with five expansion packs, early beta access
EA and DICE confirmed today Battlefield 4 Premium, an exclusive membership that provides Battlefield players with a slew of add-on content to keep the game fresh long after launch.
"Fan reaction to Battlefield 3 Premium has been nothing short of amazing. We are humbled to see more than 4 million people join in," said Battlefield 4 executive producer Patrick Bach. "With Battlefield 4 Premium we continue to roll out the red carpet, treating our fans like VIPs with a massive amount of new gameplay, exclusive new content and even more benefits at an incredible value."
Today's announcement coincided with the reveal of five already-planned themed digital expansion packs: Battlefield 4 China Rising, Battlefield 4 Second Assault, Battlefield 4 Naval Strike, Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth and Battlefield 4 Final Stand. Below are brief descriptions along with their release windows.
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault — Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising — Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike — Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth — The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand — Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Additionally, being a Battlefield 4 Premium member will grant you two-weeks early access to each expansion, as well as an invite to the game's beta which begins early October.
Here are the other perks of being a Battlefield 4 Premium member:
- Two-weeks early access to all expansion packs for that competitive edge
- Unique personalization options including camos, paints, emblems, dogtags and more
- Priority position in server queues
- New content every week
- 12 bonus Battlefield 4 Battlepacks (random combinations of new camos, dog tags, knives, XP boosts, and gun attachments)
- Transfer Battlefield 4 Premium membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One and PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4.
Battlefield 4 will be available on October 29 for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. It will be available on Xbox One and PS4 at a later date. Regardless of platform, Battlefield 4 Premium will sell for $50.