Assassin's Creed III Wii U details emerge
Since the official unveiling of Assassin's Creed III, we've uncovered a ton of details about the game from overall gameplay, story, characters, locations, and more. But we haven't heard much about the game in terms of console-specific gameplay, particularly the Wii U version - until now.
The latest issue of Nintendo Power contains an abundance of new information for Assassin's Creed III on the Wii U - specifically how the tablet controller will be uniquely used for gameplay.
Below are the details mentioned in the magazine (via):
- Wii U tablet controller can act as some form of link to the Assassin’s Creed “Animus”
- Wii U tablet Animus can be used as a persistent on-screen map and navigation tool.
- Animus Database entries that may pop up from time to time, could be displayed on the touchscreen instead and not interrupt the flow of the game.
- The Animus can also act as an encyclopedia of information. Character biographies and bits of information that would normally be cast aside could be displayed on the touchscreen (take a break and read up on the side story & character history while eating dinner?).
- Easy touchscreen weapon selection during combat. Quick change from dual-wield combat to single with a simple touch.
- Using the touchscreen as an alternate view for Eagle Vision. Using the built-in accelerometer to control the camera view while in Eagle Vision.
Assassin's Creed III is due out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on October 30th in North America. A Wii U release date for the game has not yet been announced, probably because the Wii U release has not been officially announced. The console is expected to release before the end of this year, however.