Arma 3 Beta launches
Bohemia Interactive has taken the next step in development of its upcoming tactical military tactical shooter Arma 3 with the release of the game's Beta. It will expand upon the game's diversity by focusing on heavy firepower and military logistics. Below are the "key features" in the Arma 3 Beta.
- Take your first steps in Arma 3 by exploring the 20 km² island of Stratis. Navigate its rugged terrain, expansive forests and man-made airbase.
Showcases & Challenges
- Enjoy a taste of Arma 3’s diverse gameplay by completing a selection of 8 showcase missions. Or run through the competitive firing drills to hone your shooting and movement skills.
- Form a squad and team up to fight against your enemy in 4 co-operative multiplayer scenarios.
Vehicles & Weapons
- Master air, land, and sea with the 18 vehicles featured in the Beta; choose your gear, pick from a collection of weapons, customize your loadout.
- Start creating your own experiences with the powerful scenario editor; create mods for others to play; and join our creative community.
- Navigate the battlefield with fluid new animations; feel the devastating power of combat with the upgraded sound engine, new ragdoll simulation and PhysX™-supported vehicles.
"Combined with the playable content from the Arma 3 Alpha, the complete package features the 20 km² island of Stratis, 20 weapons, 18 vehicles, 3 factions, 8 showcase missions, 4 multiplayer scenarios, 4 challenges, the scenario editor and modding support."
Those who have already participated in the Arma 3 Alpha will gain access to the Beta by downloading the automatic update on Steam. Those who are new can purchase the Beta (which also includes the full retail game when released) from Steam or the Bohemia Interactive online store. The price of the game is currently $44.99 for the standard edition, but it will increase upon the launch of the full and final game.