ArenaNet posts the latest Guild Wars 2 patch notes
As I slowly grow closer to level 80 in Guild Wars 2, I'm noticing more and more broken events and skill challenges in the later areas. Hopefully, the latest Guild Wars 2 update addresses many of those. ArenaNet has posted the patch notes for the latest update, which went live on September 17, and apparently various events were part of the fix.
The patch has a few notable changes and fixes, but it's hardly anything massive. You've got your typical bug fixes in the story quests, two world-versus-world changes, and profession changes for the Warrior, Mesmer, Thief, and Engineer. Check out the full patch notes below.
- Asuran players will now aim toward their targets when using a rifle.
- Fixed various broken events and skill challenges.
- Fixed various locations that allowed players to move outside the map.
- Fixed various locations on maps where players could become stuck.
- Discovery crafting may now use items directly from a player’s bank.
- Fixed bugs in the Exploration achievement so players can now receive 100% map completion.
- Added a system to limit the experience and gold that players can receive from speed-farming dungeons.
- Fixed bugs in “A Different Dream,” “A Fragile Peace,” “Dredging Up the Past,” "Forging the Pact,” “Pastkeeper,” “Ships of the Line,” “Stealing Secrets,” “The Priory Assailed,” and “The Source of Orr.”
- Reduced the overall difficulty in “Dead of Winter.”
- Retaliation: This boon no longer reflects damage received from siege weapons.
- The Experimental Rifle is no longer usable in World-versus-World.
- Smoldering Arrow: This skill’s casting time has been reduced.
- The Prestige: This skill now requires full recharge if it’s interrupted at any time.
- Descent of Shadows: This trait’s effect can now only trigger once every 8 seconds.
- Rocket Boots: This skill is no longer usable underwater. This is a temporary change until we can figure out why players can launch themselves into the sky using this skill.
- Detonate Mine Field: This skill is no longer a blast finisher.
Earlier today, ArenaNet announced that a playable beta client for Mac computers is available today.