All 13 Halo 4 Skulls revealed
Skulls have become a staple in the Halo games. In Halo 4, these game-modifying items make a return and 343 Industries has released the first details of them.
A total of 13 skulls for Halo 4 will be unlocked from the start of the campaign, according to 343 Industries Community Manager Jessica "bs angel" Shea. Each one will allow you to modify gameplay and multiply the difficulty with things like increased enemy health or disabling the motion sensor. Although, I'd be warned; 343's Frank O'Connor has already suggested you may want to start Halo 4 on normal difficulty.
The details for each of the skulls in Halo 4 can be seen below:
- Famine - Weapons drop much less ammo.
- Tilt - Enemy resistances and weaknesses are increased.
- Mythic - Enemies have increased health.
- Catch - Enemies are grenade happy!
- Black Eye - Shields don't recharge unless you melee enemies.
- Tough Luck - Enemies always go berserk, always dive out of the way, and never flee.
- Iron - Co-op: Back to previous checkpoint on death. Solo: Restart mission on death.
- Thunderstorm - Major upgrade to the capabilities of enemies.
- Cloud - Motion sensor is disabled.
- Cowbell - Acceleration from explosions is increased.
- IWHBYD - Rare combat dialogue becomes more common.
- Grunt Birthday Party - Headshot a Grunt, HAPPY BOOM TIME!
- Blind - The HUD and the first person arms and weapon are hidden.
Halo 4 is set to release for Xbox 360 on November 6, 2012. It is currently listed as the Holiday 2012 most anticipated game for Xbox 360, according to Nielson.