A few, new 'The Last of Us' details to hold you over
Information about The Last of Us gameplay as been sparse since it was first unveiled at Spike's Video Game Awards last month. Other than a trailer, some screenshots, and a few quotes from the developers at Naughty Dog, not much is known about the game. But if you ask them, there is plenty to learn about The Last of Us gameplay just from that.
Even now, we still don't have a firm idea of how The Last of Us will play, but at least we have a few more details to hold us over. As the latest Official PlayStation Magazine makes its rounds, subscribers are beginning to post some details from the magazine's cover story.
One users on GameTrailers has already shared some of the gameplay details from the magazine about The Last of Us. As expected, the game will be quite different from their previous Uncharted series. A few of the gameplay excerpts reveal:
- Combat will alternate between shooting and melee
- Ammo is in short supply, so don't expect shootouts like in Uncharted.
- Exploration will be a part of the experience too, for example you can choose to enter a coffeeshop or not to take the risk
- The Last of Us won't be as linear as Uncharted, but it's not completely open-world (it's too storydriven for that)
- There will be situations where you have to help the other, but not in an obvious way
Those are the few highlights from the magazine. Naughty Dog went on to say how they wanted it to be different from Uncharted - both look and gameplay wise.