343 Industries details Halo 4's Flood mode
Although the Flood was first encountered in Halo: Combat Evolved, 343 Industries has definitely changed up the game when it comes to Halo 4's Flood.
Halo 4's Flood mode was previously detailed as a 10 player mode, 2 players are part of the flood - 8 players are survivors, while that detail still holds true 343 Industries has shed some light on other aspects of Flood Mode.
Flood mode will have 3 rounds and each round will be 3 minutes long. The 2 players that are part of the Flood will attempt to infect the 8 survivors until the time runs out or until all players are infected. There are exclusive medals that can only earned by playing in the Flood mode and it even has it's own custom game options.
Exclusive Flood medals:
- Flood Conversion: Convert a Spartan to the Flood
- Alpha Conversion: Convert a Spartan to the Flood as an Alpha
- Infector: Kill 2 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
- Carrier: Kill 3 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
- Juggernaut: Kill 4 Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
- Gravemind: Kill ALL Spartans in a row as a Flood without dying
- Flood Kill: Kill a Flood
- Flood Kill Assist: Assist killing a Flood
- Flood Hunter: Kill 4 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying
- Flood Survivor: Kill 6 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying
- Flood Exterminator: Kill 10 Flood in a row as a Spartan without dying
- Last Man Standing: Be the last surviving Spartan
- Final Conversion: Kill the last remaining Spartan
- Flood Victory: Contribute to the Flood total conversion of all Spartans
- Ancient One: Survive the entire round as a Flood and convert at least one Spartan
- Clever: Survive the entire round as a Spartan
Come November 6th we will all have the opportunity to get in on this mode, I for one am excited as hell!
Follow me on Twitter @Tatiana__GZ /dance.