Elder Scrolls Online concludes North American maintenance, gets patched to version 1.0.1
Elder Scrolls Online, currently in Early Access for those who pre-ordered, underwent server maintenance for the better part of this morning and early afternoon on its North American Megaserver. That maintenance is now complete and North American players should be able to log back into the game. Things will be a bit different, though, as the game has been updated to version 1.0.1.
The full list of patch notes is included below, featuring plenty of fixes. It should also be noted that there are a few systems currently offline in the game, such as guild services and in-game mail. There is no ETA on when those will return as of this writing.
I've played the game for about an hour after the servers came back online and experienced no hiccups, other than the occasional slight loot lag. By slight, I mean I'm being incredibly nitpicky.
You can expect our first impressions of the live version of Elder Scrolls Online (written by yours truly) next week.
The Elder Scrolls Online v1.0.1 features a number of fixes to existing content. Here’s a brief overview of what awaits you in this patch:
- Fixes to quests that were blocking progression.
- New option to view the intro cinematic any time.
FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable.
Combat & Gameplay
- Reduced the percentage required to gain credit for a kill for healers that were healing an ally.
- Fixed an issue where you could get dismounted from your horse when jumping over various objects.
- Fixed an issue with fishing where the game client could crash.
- Fixed an issue where abilities with a cast time were not properly reducing your movement speed during casting.
- Fixed an issue where the monkey pet granted to beta testers occasionally had collision.
Crafting & Economy
- Fixed an issue where low-level players were being granted high-level food recipes. You should now receive recipes appropriate for your level.
Dungeons & Group Content
- Fixed an issue where the chest containing the portal to Crow’s Wood would occasionally get stuck in an open or closed position, and would prevent you from entering.
- A Son’s Promise: Fixed an issue in Crows’ Wood where Rulantaril's Construct would instantly respawn.
- Fixed an issue with Dark Anchors which could prevent monsters from spawning.
Exploration & Itemization
- You will no longer receive veteran rank swords from fishing in Stonefalls.
- Fixed an issue with the MacBook Air that was causing NPCs to multiply as you moved the camera around.
- In the name of the Queen: Fixed an issue in the quest where the priestesses at the Northern and Western ritual sites would occasionally get stuck in a kneeling pose, blocking your progress.
- New in Town: Malareth has been run out of Vulkhel Guard for the time being, but she vows to return at a later date. Those of you on this quest are advised to abandon the quest until she returns. Not completing this quest will not impact any achievements.
- Prove Your Worth: Fixed an issue where you would lose credit for dueling NPCs if other players interfered before the NPC could land a hit.
- Bloodthorn Assassins: Increased the respawn rate of suspicious cargo, plus the chance of the correct assassin spawning in the cargo.
- Legacy of Baelborne Rock: Tanchim now yells at only you when interacting with the rune, instead of everyone in the region, including most of Daggerfall City.
- Vale of the Guardians: Fixed an issue where the quest could get blocked if one of the monsters defending the Wyress got stuck.
- The Perils of Diplomacy: Added a map pin to the location of the Green Lady to resolve an issue where the red mist leading to her location was not visible.
- Shornhelm Divided: Fixed an issue where the High King Emeric would occasionally not appear on the step “Meet High King Emeric.” You can now meet him!
- Death of Balreth: Fixed a couple of issues which were preventing you from containing the spirit at the end of the quest, blocking both completion and exit.
- Restoring the Guardians: Fixed an issue that was preventing Ragebinder and/or Blaze from appearing when summoned.
- Fixed an issue where you could not zoom in to look at your first character’s face in the character creation menu.
- The intro cinematic has been replaced with a new, higher quality version.
- There is now an option to play the intro cinematic any time you’d like to watch it again.
- The issue preventing chat and name filters from working has been fixed; chat and character names are now filtered for bad language. Please be aware that Customer Support may have to alter your character name if it breaks our naming requirements.
- Added a textual warning when deleting a character reminding you that items still attached to characters on deletion will be deleted. This includes items granted through pre-ordering, Imperial Editions, and beta rewards.
- Note: This message is currently only in German and French. We intend on adding an English message soon.
Jake Valentine is a regular freelance contributor for GameZone. When he’s not writing about (or playing) video games, chances are he’s playing a board game, Magic: the Gathering, or obsessing over food. You can follow him on Twitter @hop3less.