Microsoft: Xbox LIVE services 'limited' for Xbox One and Xbox 360
Microsoft has acknowledged issues with Xbox LIVE services on both the Xbox One and Xbox 360 systems. Over on the Xbox LIVE status page, Microsoft confirms "limited" usage for purchasing content on Xbox One and Xbox 360, as well as issues with "social and gaming" on Xbox One.
Below are the affected services on both Xbox One and Xbox 360:
- Buying downloadable items
- Downloading items that you have already purchased
- Paying for downloadable items with stored currency, adding additional stored currency, or viewing your balance
"We know that our members are experiencing difficulties when attempting to purchase content with your stored currency, and we’re here to help!" Microsoft said of the affected services. Thanks for hanging in there while we resolve this issue."
Meanwhile, Xbox One is also experiencing several issues on its own including:
- Accessing all game features
- Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage
- Capturing game videos
- Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
- Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members
As for the issues affect Forza 5, Microsoft says this is due to scheduled maintenance. I have no clue what's up with the rest of the services though we'll keep you updated as we learn more.