Scrolls Rebellion update released
Rebellion, the fourth major update for Mojang's card-based Scrolls game, is available for download. Considered one of the largest updates for the game to date, Rebellion introduces Champions, new traits, and 56 new scrolls, among tons of other tweaks and fixes. While Mojang has gone into great details about the update here, below you can find the full change-log in a much more approachable bulleted list.
- The active player is now more clearly highlighted
- UI now shows what you and your opponent has recently sacrificed for.
- The “”Ctrl”" stats display now remembers state between matches.
- Added a hint box to the login screen.
- Testing Grounds have been updated. Idols have 10 Health, timer is at 75 seconds, and a mulligan option has been added.
- Added 56 new scrolls from the Rebellion set.
- Temporary effects from spells and units are now marked as Effects rather than Enchantments.
- Focus and many similar scrolls no longer last longer than one turn.
- Brother of the Wolf and many similar scrolls now increase their Countdown by the base value instead of a fixed number.
- Leeching Ring (Growth) now uses base Countdown for healing instead of the value printed on the scroll.
- Crimson Bull (Growth) now costs 3, up from 2.
- Kinfolk Veteran (Growth) now has 3 Health, down from 4.
- Necrogeddon (Decay) now costs 7, up from 6.a
- Erode (Growth) now works on opponent structures as well as yours.
- Added Explorer’s Pack, which costs 1200 and is guaranteed to give you at least 4 Rebellion scrolls.
- Added 4 new hard preconstructed decks. Thanks to Blinky for assisting us in building these.
- Made packs and singles have a chance of giving you an upgraded scroll.
Deck builder / Trade
- Added an “”Add scrolls”" button to add one of each selected scroll to the table.
- Library sorting (name/cost) is now remembered between sessions.
- Card lists (trade, buy/sell) now support the count filter (#:).
- Added new search filters: ap:, cd:, hp:, c: and fl: for Attack, Countdown, Health, Cost and Flavor, respectively.
- Made filtering using full words possible (type:, rarity:, desc:, tier:, set:, cost:, attack:, countdown:, health: and flavor:).
- Hitting Ctrl+Enter in the filter box adds one of each filtered scroll to the table. Similarly, Ctrl+Delete removes one of each filtered scroll.
- Clicking a unit in the deck builder now previews their attack animation.
- The deck builder now shows number of types (library) and scrolls (table) when a filter is used.
- Judgement no longer shows the same scroll twice in a row.
- Judgement now uses fixed Rarity rows. The rows are cycled as follows: R, C, U, C, C, U, C.
- Judgement decks are now destroyed after 5 wins or 2 losses.
- Judgement rewards have been adjusted to compensate for the tweaks, and the entry fee has been lowered to 800 gold / 120 shards.
- The auto-join cap for “”General”" chat rooms has been raised from 30 to 50.
- Moderators can now temporarily ban users from chat rooms (up to one week).
- Moderators can now mute users for up to one hour.
- Custom chat rooms are now auto-rejoined in new sessions.
- Profile page shows percentage of unique scrolls owned.
- The config file format has been updated. Some settings may unfortunately be lost as a result of this. Sorry for any inconvenience!
- Added 13 new trials (7 Hard, 4 Medium and 2 Easy).
- Tier 3 scrolls now slightly increase match rewards. Drawing a T3 scroll increases a multiplier (2.5%, 5%, 10% for C/U/R), capped at 50%. After a game, match rewards are increased by this amount (excluding fixed rewards like idol or completion bonuses).
- Added seven new battle backgrounds.
- Added a setting to disable visuals for upgraded scrolls.
- Crafting now shows the scrolls from your starter deck in locked piles.
- Stats are now cleared when trading away an upgraded scroll.
- Accept trades / Accept challenge buttons are now enabled per default for new users.
- The “”Alt”" stats display now behaves correctly.
- Long names should no longer be cut off in battle mode.
- Concentrate Fire now works with Piercing. Note that the extra attack is of the same type as the unit’s attack when Concentrate Fire was cast, so a Piercing Projectile cast later won’t affect the second attack.
- Binding Root (and similar effects) now stop Mire Shambler from moving before attacking.
- White flashing under units that are about to attack now works properly in spectate mode.”