Minecraft PS3 patch 1.03 detailed; coming 'before next week'
4J Studios has revealed the latest batch of fixes for the PlayStation 3 version of Minecraft. Included in patch 1.03 are fixes for a number of game crashing issues which 4J already posted. The developer hopes the latest update will be available before next week, but that all depends on how it does in Sony's test. In the meantime, check out what you can expect in the upcoming update.
Change log for Minecraft: PS3 Edition Patch 1.03
- Fix for issue in multiplayer/splitscreen which could cause save file corruption.
- Fix for memory issue causing random game freezes and exits to XMB.
- Fix for being unable to join games at times (“The host has exited the game” message incorrectly being displayed).
- Fix for splitscreen crash on adding a player when language is Russian.
- Fix for issue which can prevent leaderboard updates and some trophy awards.
- Fix for issue causing “No DLC offers available” message when converting trial to full version.
- Fix for game render glitch when a new streaming music track starts up.
- Fix for a lighting issue on a network client.
- Fix for the block damage decal being incorrectly offset
- Fix for selected item text not fading off screen if a menu is opened when it’s visible.
- Fix for “Where are we now” music disc
- Fix for issue with Ghasts firing at certain angles
- A few rendering performance improvements
The PS3 version of Minecraft was released in mid-December 2013. PlayStation 4 and Vita versions are also in the works, though neither has a release date other than some time this year.