Battlefield 4 gets updated on Xbox One to fix 'kill trading'
DICE has finally rolled out the latest Battlefield 4 update on Xbox One, following this week's updates to the PS4, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game. Like the other patches, this one addresses Kill trading, when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. There's also a ton of fixes, all of which are noted below, courtesy of DICE.
Battlefield 4 Xbox One Game Update Notes (Dec. 19)
- Reduced the probability of the “Kill trade” issue (see below for details).
- Fixed a common crash that could occur during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue that could corrupt save files in the single player campaign.
- Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
- Fix for a graphical glitch that could appear on terrain.
- Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
- Fix for an issue where 4x the damage from a vehicle's minigun would be applied to the chest when a player had the Defense specialization equipped.
- Servers that friends are playing on now have a higher priority in the server list.
- Server Browser is no longer showing empty or full servers by default.
- Balancing jet handling across all stealth and attack jet classes.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win a round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb. If the attackers arm the bomb, the defenders need to disarm it to win, even if they have killed all the attackers.
- Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen.
- Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived. Note that you might see a graphical bug on-screen after being revived when accepting a revive within 1 second. This graphical bug will be removed in the next patch.
- Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
- Fix for the death camera/screen being displayed too early.
- Raised the first-person camera slightly for walking in crouch to more accurately reflect the actual position of the character.
- Fixed an issue with the party chat app not working.
- Fixed an issue in the in-game Battlelog where non-ASCII characters would display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue when maps were not loading properly while player didn’t have the game in full screen.
As for the kill trading issue, here's what DICE had to say:
"We’ve addressed the so-called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the time frame when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server. This should reduce the probability of kill trading."