'Extra Life' teams with Sony for children's charity event; you can win PS3, PS4, and Vita games
Extra Life, an online charitable event, is giving gamers the opportunity to raise money for "needed charitable funds" while simultaneously giving them a chance to earn free PlayStation games. By teaming up with Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Extra Life is hoping to drive awareness and donations for 170 Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across the U.S. and Canada with video game incentives.
The amount you donate will determine what you get back in return. Simply registering at Extra-Life.org will get you an exclusive PS3 theme. But, depending on how much you donate, you can get anything from free PlayStation Plus time to actual PlayStation 4 games such as Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, and Driveclub.
Below are the rewards for meeting the established fundraising levels"
- Extra-Life.org registration – Exclusive Extra Life PS3™ theme (Unlimited)
- $10 — 30-day membership to PlayStation®Plus (first 50,000 participants)
The first 20,000 participants to reach these fundraising levels receive:
- $25 — When Vikings Attack! For the PS3 and PS Vita systems
- $50 — WipEout HD for the PS3 system
- $75 — LittleBigPlanet for the PS Vita system
- Grand prize: One participant who raises the most funds today through Nov. 3 at 8 a.m. PST will win a lineup of PS4™ games, including Knack, Killzone Shadowfall, and DRIVECLUB as well as a one year PS Plus membership and one year of Music Unlimited.
“During the past five years, PlayStation fans have made up a significant portion of our fundraising force, and in effect have changed sick and injured kids’ lives in their own communities,” said Jeromy Adams, founder of Extra Life. “We are beyond thrilled to have SCEA’s support this year, and look forward to welcoming a whole new group of ‘Extra Lifers’ over the next month. No matter how you play, ‘Extra Life’ proves that gaming and doing good can be one and the same.”
PlayStation Digital Platforms sr. manager Matthew Harper added: “We’re always finding ways to give back to the community, and ‘Extra Life’ is one of the best ways to engage PlayStation fans to join us in helping those in need. PlayStation is for gamers, and we are thrilled at the opportunity to call on the PlayStation Nation to help us game for good.”
Visit Extra-Life's official website to register, raise funds and have a chance to earn free PlayStation games.