Madden NFL 25 Roster Update released to reflect week one performances
While I recommend no kneejerk fantasy football reactions to week one performances, EA doesn't exactly feel the same way when it comes to the Madden NFL 25 roster. They like to adjust player ratings according to performance, releasing a new roster update for each week of the NFL regular season.
So today, EA Sports' Madden ratings czar Donny Moore released a video highlighting some of the biggest jumps and drops for players after Week 1. This week's biggest winners are Denver Broncos' tight end Julius Thomas and Dallas Cowboys defensive end George Selvie, each receiving four points to their overall. As a Cowboys fan, I'm high on Selvie, and I feel his new rating is justified. Obviously, after Thomas' performance he is too.
And for every winner, there is a loser. This weeks notable loser is Washington Redskins' QB Robert Griffin III drops a point after his slow start against the Eagles. Check out the official video below and then see the new ratings of some key players and their stats to go along.
- Julius Thomas, Denver Broncos: +4 (New Rating: 80) 5 Catches, 110 Yards, 2 TD's
- George Selvie, Dallas Cowboys: +4 (New Rating: 72) 1 Sack
- Jerome Simpson, Minnesota Vikings: +3 (New Rating: 77) 7 Catches, 140 Yards
- Terrelle Pryor, Oakland Raiders: +3 (New Rating: 76) 19-29, 217 Yards, 1 Touchdown, 112 Rushing Yards
- Reggie Bush, Detroit Lions: +2 (New Rating: 85) 21 Carries, 90 Yards, 4 Catches, 101 Yards, 1 Touchdown
- Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers: +2 (New Rating: 90) 13 Catches, 208 Yards, 1 Touchdown
- Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: -3 (New Rating: 79) 15-31, 210 Yards, 1 Touchdown
- Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints: -2 (New Rating: 79) 9 Carries, 11 Yards
- Ryan Clady, Denver Broncos: -2 (New Rating: 92)
- Michael Huff, Baltimore Ravens: -2 (New Rating: 81) 2 Tackles
- Robert Griffin III, Washington Redskins: -1 (New Rating: 88) 30-49, 329 Yards, 2 Touchdowns
Surprisingly, I mostly agree with all of EA's changes. So far, so good. Do you agree?