Guild Wars 2 'Bazaar of the Four Winds' content update detailed
ArenaNet today revealed the details for upcoming content update for Guild Wars 2 -- Bazaar of the Four Winds, set to go live on July 9th.
"In the newest update, Bazaar of the Four Winds, merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares," the company explained. "The gathering will feature more than just shady characters and risky trade because, this year, the mystical flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing magical crystals and amazing movement skills to traders and adventurers alike."
In addition, new themed-events will be made available. Below are the details for the new events, rewards, and features that will go live when Bazaar of the Four Winds hits Guild Wars 2 next week.
- Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can challenge their friends in this new, permanent mini-game.
- Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race.
- Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Aspect Back Items: Players can compete in the Sanctum Sprint for a chance to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.
- Personal Quartz Node: Players completing the update will be able to harvest quartz in their home instances, allowing them to craft new recipes.
- Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.
- Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armour skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.
- New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map.