Gran Turismo 6 pre-order bonuses: GameStop vs Amazon
Sony has announced the pre-order bonuses for upcoming racing simulation Gran Turismo 6. As part of what SCEA calls "the most extensive and robust pre-order offer" the Gran Turismo series has ever seen, pre-orders for the GT6 will net North American purchasers four new cars: BMW Z4 GT3 '11, Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13, Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13 and Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14.
That's not all, though. GameStop and Amazon are each offering PlayStation gamers their own incentive for pre-ordering. So here's the comparison.
GameStop Exclusive — 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade
For no additional cost, those who purchase Gran Turismo 6 as GameStop will be upgraded to the "15th Anniversary Edition," which includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades. Below is the list of cars.
- BMW Z4 GT3 2011
- Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 2013
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 2014
- Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 2013
- Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale 2011
- Alpine A110 1600S 1968
- Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
- Audi R8 LMS ultra 2012
- Ford Focus ST 2013
- Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2013
- Honda HSV-010 (SUPER GT) 2011
- KTM X-BOW R
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 2011
- Lexus IS F Racing Concept 2008
- Lotus Europa (type54) 1968
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011
- Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 2011
- SRT Viper GTS 2013
- TRD 86 Racing 2008
- Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car 2008
Amazon Exclusive — $1 Million In-Game Credit
Amazon is a bit more modest in their offering -- if you consider $1 million modest. In addition to the bonus "4 Car Pack" mentioned above, those who pre-order from Amazon will get $1 million in-game credit which can be used to unlock upgrades on any vehicle you choose.