God of War: Ascension Elite Update 1.04 now live
God of War: Ascension's Update 1.04, better known as the Elite Update, is now live. In addition to the bug fixes you'd expect in a typical update, today's Elite Update adds "Elite Levels," as well as enhanced multiplayer functionality.
Elite levels increase your Champion level cap from 30 to a new cap of 40. The addition of 10 levels for every God allegiance, allows for a new God item, two new relics, and an ultimate magic for every allegiance. The player stat card now shows various stats about your Champion's performance including kill-death ratio, wins, losses, and more. The game mode inspect card now has the option to see the scoring rules for each Game Mode.
Below are the changes to combat and fixes for key bugs:
- Zeus Spear now uses correct damage multipliers: L1 triangle special was not correctly using elemental damage multipliers (was using physical instead).
- Global Spear Attacks: Triangle in the air with spear was unblockable, yet could still be parried, it can no longer be parried.
- Poseidon Shield God Item: The shield will now become active when the player recovers rather than while still in the activation animation.
- Adjusted stats of the Hades spear to better suit the intended gameplay.
- Medusa Armor is now slightly easier to acquire.
- The healing amount granted to the player when using the Poseidon Heal Magic will now increase as the magic is ranked up.
- Miscellaneous fixes to slow debuffs/animations not displaying correctly. Will now prevent most related cases where the player would get get stuck in a bad state, and unable to respawn. This is greatly improved, per this fix.
- God ability pickups for new God items now appear in the correct order in the customization menu.
KEY BUGS ADDRESSED
- Spartans no longer stuck in a stoned state when they are hit by the Hammer of Helios explosion.
- AUDIO: Sound channel output bug: Game now defaults to stereo for all new players. Existing players with preferences set already should double check their in-game sound output options and make sure they are set for the speaker configuration they are using.
- AUDIO: Addressed issue with music being too quiet in various parts of the game.
- AUDIO: Addressed sound mixing issues affecting cut scenes and major boss battles throughout Hecaton Level.
- AUDIO: Fixed a sound mix problem during the cutscene in the Hecaton bordello (outdoor wind sound was playing when you are indoors).
- AUDIO: Fixed missing sound FX impacting some moves for War Hammer of Ares, Maul of Zeus, Spear of Hades, Blade of Poseidon, Cronos Blade.
- AUDIO: Music now plays in Trial of the Gods (1 and 2 Player) for Desert of Lost Souls.