Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC rolls out on Xbox 360 today
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2's first DLC pack, Revolution, was released today for Xbox 360 and is now available via Xbox LIVE. Revolution is the first of four DLC packs set to release throughout the year for Black Ops 2. It offers four new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies co-op map, the Peacekeeper SMG, and a new mode that allows you to play as a zombie.
The DLC is a hefty 1.86GB and is priced at 1200 Microsoft Points, unless you're already a Season Pass Holder, in which case you can download it now for free. Below are the official descriptions of each piece of content included in Revolution:
- "Downhill" is set in the ski country of the French Alps, where players fight their way down the slopes and through a ski lodge, while avoiding the moving hazards of the mountain's gondola system.
"Hydro" tasks players with dodging floodwaters as they contend for dominance of this hydroelectric dam facility in
Pakistan, filled with treacherous spillways.
- "Mirage" pits players in competition amidst the sand dunes of a dilapidated luxury resort in the sandstorm-devastated Gobi Desert, where a range of long-distance and close-quarters combat will mix up the action for all play styles.
"Grind" transports players to the historic birthplace of skateboarding, California's
Venice Beach, where they will battle it out through the ramps and half-pipes of this massive, epic skate park in a multiplayer environment comprised of unique curved architecture requiring players to adapt and learn new ways to take cover.
- Peacekeeper SMG is a powerful, new hybrid SMG-Assault Rifle weapon that comes with its own set of weapon challenges for bonus XP.
- "Turned" mode that lets you play as a zombie, for the first time ever in Call of Duty.
- "Die Rise" is a new zombie co-op map that takes you to the Far East of an obliterated Chinese city.
As of right now, the DLC is only being offered on Xbox 360, as Activision and Microsoft have a timed exclusive agreement. There's no ETA for the PS3 and PC releases, though we expect it'll be around a month until those platforms see the DLC.