Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Khyber Strike DLC adds new 'Takeover' game mode
Ubisoft announced the upcoming arrival of the Khyber Strike, the third DLC package for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The new add-on will feature three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game mode called "Takeover", a new Guerrilla mode co-op map, new achievements, and an increased level cap.
Similar to the classic team deathmatch, Takeover has you score points for your team by eliminating enemies. However, you can tip the scales by taking control of the enemy's objective and earn a score multiplier to your team. You'll also need to defend your team's objective to prevent the enemy team from getting the same advantage. The team with the highest score at the end of the mission wins.
Three new multiplayer maps have also been added, as well as a new Guerilla Mode map. The details are below:
- 3 new multiplayer maps
- Switchback: Step off the main road leading down into the city and into a maze of ancient buildings and narrow alleys. The twists and turns of the alleyways turn every corner into a close-quarters deathtrap.
- Palace: There's no time for reflection even in this magnificent relic. What once was a museum dedicated to showing the glories of the past is now a battlefield, with a massive courtyard at the heart of its contested ground.
- Transit: A Moscow metro station makes for close quarters and close-range combat. Trains pulling into and out of the station add to the danger as Ghosts and Bodark slug it out underground.
- 1 Guerrilla Mode map (4 players online/2 players in local split screen)
- Village: A peaceful country village finds itself transformed into a battleground, as fighting rages around its central bus station. Long alleyways that run between war-damaged buildings make a perfect hunting ground for snipers, and a shootout near the town's gas station could turn explosive.
Khyber Strike is set to release on October 9 for Xbox 360 (800 Microsoft Points) and PS3 ($9.99). It will be available on PC at a later date.