Ghost Recon: Future Soldier gets a title update, patch notes detailed
Ubisoft has released a new title update for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. It is currently available worldwide on Xbox 360 and is expected to arrive on the PS3 on September 4.
As you'd expect with a title update, it contains a ton of general bug fixes. For the PS3 it fixes an issue when loading the Uplay Browser on PS3 as well ast eh "Trial Expired" issue with Arctic Strike. There are also some fixes to cooperative gameplay. Below are the full patch notes for the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier update:
- Fixed several issues which would cause the game to stop responding.
- Permanent fix for Arctic Strike “Trial Expired” issue on PS3.
- Fixed an issue with Rich Presence not always displaying correctly for players on DLC maps.
- Fixed an issue with PS3 voice chat cutting out.
- Fixed an occasional issue with loading the Uplay Browser on PS3
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several UI display issues with long usernames
- Removed the Respect Token requirement
- Players are no longer required to have or consume respect tokens to reset their gear.
- To clarify functionality, the UI now says “Reset Gear”.
- Improved Cloud Update download and messaging.
- Players will automatically attempt to re-download the Cloud Update if it fails.
- Players who fail the update 3 times will receive a warning popup/alert.
- Bonuses are now awarded to both teams for the completion rounds and matches.
- Players who are forcibly disconnected from a match (eg. Host Migration Failed) will still be awarded their accumulated XP.
- Players who leave a game via network manipulation or voluntarily quitting a match will not be awarded accumulated XP.
- Players will be able to switch teams in Private/LAN matches up to a maximum of 8 players on a team.
- The limit per match is still 12 players.
- This change facilitates faction switching and allows for asymmetrical play.
- Decreased the frequency of party splits.
- Players in parties of 6 should no longer be split within the lobby.
- Note: It is still possible for parties to be split when joining a match in progress.
- Dynamically changing the minimum number of players required to start a match.
- eg. A party of 6 will need a minimum match size of 11 to begin (instead of 8)
- Factions will now be swapped automatically after every Quickmatch
- Improved the peer host selection process.
- Improved diagnostic tools and messaging.
- Changed the behavior of the default battle type
- Players who have selected a battle type will default to their last selected battle type.
- Players who have no selected a battle type will default to the most recent DLC (Battle – Arctic Strike).
- The selection will persist across sessions.
- Fixed an issue causing a player's weapon selection to sometimes revert to default.
- Removed the Cover Reticule.
- Fixed an issue with the end of round display in the Siege gametype.
- Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the maps in Quickmatch voting to disappear.
- Minor Improvements to the replay camera (“Killcam”)
- Fixed an occasional issue with point awarded from the final objective in Conflict.
- Fixed several adversarial exploits.
- Fixed several other minor gameplay issues.
- Fixed an issue in the Office Guerrilla map that could prevent enemies from spawning;
- Fixed an issue in the Arctic Base Guerrilla map that was causing reduced FPS;
- Fixed an issue in the Firefly Rain campaign mission where a weapon was not presented correctly.
- Fixed several other minor campaign issues.
You will be prompted to download and install the update once you launch GR:FS. To ensure it is installed on your console, the version number (located in the bottom right corner in the Extras menu) should read 1.5.6.