Mists of Pandaria world boss 'Salyis's Warband' previewed
Blizzard has updated the Mists of Pandaria preview site giving players a glimpse at Salyis's Warband, one of two new roaming world bosses in the upcoming expansion.
The ruthless saurok roam Pandaria, stealing what they can and harassing the island's other inhabitants. The most infamous of these reptilian pillagers are Chief Salyis and his warband. For years, the saurok commander and his raiders have stormed through the Valley of the Four Winds atop Galleon, a colossal and well-armed mushan that is more a moving fortress than a simple mount.
While the the other world boss will appear fairly frequent, Salyis's Warband will be "quite rare" when spawning. Defeating it will not be easy, but the rewards - achievements, items, and bragging rights - will be plenty. But to do so, you will first need to know Salyis's Warband's abilities.
- Saurok Skirmishers riding on Galleon's back fire flaming crossbow bolts at random players, inflicting Fire damage.
- Galleon stomps the ground, inflicting Physical damage to players within 100 yards and knocking them down for a few seconds.
- Chief Salyis orders his minions to fire off eight powerful cannon blasts. Each blast inflicts Fire damage to players within 10 yards and knocks them back.
Chief Salyis's Warmongers periodically jump down from Galleon's back to engage players.
- Impaling Pull The Warmonger uses an Impaling Pull to bring a distant target towards them and inflict Physical damage.
- Chief Salyis's Warmongers periodically jump down from Galleon's back to engage players.
And with that, I wish you the best of luck when exploring the Valley of the Four Winds. The second world boss, Sha of Anger, has not yet been revealed.